Last week was my week to make dinner/dessert for our church gathering (we always eat together). For dessert, I really wanted to do s'mores. The problem with this idea is that when you have to make dessert for a big group of people, and you do not have a fire pit (or even a BBQ at the moment), it makes it a little more difficult to accomplish. When it's just our family, we will roast marshmallows over candles, but this wasn't feasible or safe with all the kiddos running around.
And so, we did them in the oven. Not only that, but I had this (genius) idea to replace some of the chocolate squares with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Mmmm....
1. Turn your oven on to broil.
2. On a baking sheet, layer your graham cracker, chocolate (or peanut butter cup), and marshmallow.
3. Do not put the top cracker on!
4. Place baking sheet in the oven.
5. Keep a close eye on your marshmallows. Pull them out of the oven when they are browned to your liking and the chocolate has started to melt.
6. Place the top graham cracker on your s'mores.