I'm trying to use what's in my fridge/freezer/pantry this week. I made a produce run at Trader Joes earlier this week and spent just under $20. I'm going to try to make it through the week without spending any grocery money so I can put this week's grocery budget into our savings to pay for the new baby (arriving in October)!
Here's what we will be having for our dinners:
1. Stuffed Bell Peppers (using the pre-made stuffing I have in my freezer and fresh bell peppers)
2. Lentil tacos (also in my freezer) with homemade tortilla shells
3. Crock Pot- Smokey Chicken & Black Bean Soup (from the freezer)
4. Pulled Pork Sandwiches (from the freezer) on homemade ciabatta rolls
5. Dinner with our church
6. Something easy-maybe sandwiches-as we'll be driving during dinner time and then at a meeting
7. Salad and leftovers night
Yay for freezer cooking!
Breakfasts will be the usual...oatmeal with chopped fruit or dried cranberries or raisins most mornings, with a baked peanut butter oatmeal on one morning. I do actually plan to use my bread machine to make cinnamon rolls one morning as a special treat.
Lunches will mostly be sandwiches (pb&j, pb& honey, grilled cheese, turkey & cheese), homemade mac and cheese, salads, and fruits and veggies.
Snacks are fruit or veggies for one snack, and homemade granola bars for the other (morning & afternoon).
All the smoke in the air from the fire is tricking me into thinking it's fall (it's just dark outside). I have fall candles burning, and am thinking it's time to start making some homemade syrups for making lattes. I LOVE fall!
Post a Comment