I'm sure you, like me, have seen a variety of these Oreo truffles all over Pinterest world. They're super popular, and I've been wanting to try some for a while now. I saw another blogger use the Cool Mint Oreos, and knew I had to try it! The original recipe for these is actually from Kraftrecipes.com. The best part? They're SUPER duper easy, and only need 4 ingredients!
I made these for Saint Patrick's Day, and I used the Cool Mint Oreos and lime green candy melts for on top.
1 bag cool mint Oreos
green candy melts
dipping chocolate, or chocolate chips
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1. In a food processor, put the entire bag of Oreos, and blend until they are in fine crumbs.
2. Transfer to a large bowl, add in softened cream cheese, and use a mixer to fully combine ingredients.
3. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4. Scoop mixture into 1 inch balls, and place on a wax-paper lined plate.
5. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes (you can also put them in the freezer).
6. Melt your chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth and melted.
7. Dip Oreo balls into the chocolate using 2 forks to dip, roll them around, and remove them back to a wax lined plate.
8. Place back in the fridge to firm the chocolate. Melt the green candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
9. Transfer green melts to a plastic baggie, cut the tip, and drizzle over truffles.
10. Store in the fridge until ready to eat. They soften/melt very easily at room temp!
Post a Comment