It's fall. It's still hot outside, but there is a slight breeze, and it definitely "feels" like fall. I love it.
I recently made my first pumpkin spice latte of the year. I had not been able to find any pie pumpkins at the store to cook, but I fortunately still had some in my freezer from last year.
Mmmmm. It was tasty! Want to make your own and save yourself almost $5 at Starbucks? Here's how:
Before you start, make sure to bake a pumpkin and puree it. Not sure how? View my 'how to' post HERE. Don't have time to bake one? Just use a can of pumpkin puree instead ;)
Pumpkin Spice Latte
In a pot, mix together:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup strong coffee (i.e. espresso; 4 TBS to 1 cup water)
- 1 1/2 -2 TBS vanilla
- 4 tsp sugar
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick (or about 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 2 heaping tsp pumpkin puree
Heat over medium high heat until nice and hot, using a whisk to avoid burning the bottom. Pour into two mugs. Top with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.
If you want to add a little "something extra" try adding some tazo chai concentrate to the mix! Yum!
- If you do not like "grittiness" from the cinnamon, use a cinnamon stick when heating.
- If you are a fan of the "sweet" that you would get in a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, try substituting the sugar & vanilla for a vanilla coffee syrup (you can find my recipe for coffee syrups HERE).
I originally found my recipe HERE.