It's that time of year again! Pumpkins, apples, spices, and lots of baking!
I made my first batch of Crock Pot Apple Butter this week. I love how it makes my whole house smell sooooo good!
The best part about this recipe is that it is super simple to make. I blogged about it last year here, but as a refresher, here you go:
- In a Crock Pot, add about 6 pounds of peeled, sliced, and cored apples.
- Add in about 2 TBS vanilla extract.
- Cook on low for 5 hours (stir occasionally)
- Once apples are tender, mash them up.
- Add 1 1/2 cups raw or brown sugar, 1 tsp ground cloves, and 3-4 tsp. ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Cook another 5 hours or so on low (I let my last batch cook only 4 more hours, and it was perfect).
- Cool, place in containers, and store in the fridge (or can them if you've got that handy skill).
We've been enjoying our apple butter for breakfast on toasted bagels. I really need to make some fresh bread soon because that is super tasty with this, as well.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!