I re-pinned this recipe the other day that looked de-licious! The link was dead, but the recipe was thankfully printed on the front of the pin. Using that inspiration for my lunch today, I used what I had, added and changed a few ingredients and came up with a new favorite lunch. I know, I have lots of favorites. But it's true, it was really good.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can adjust the proportions of each ingredient to your liking. I'm going to list the ingredients without exact measurements, and then tell you approximately what I did for mine.
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Alright, here's how I built mine. Again, adjust proportions to your liking. This yielded about 2 fully stuffed mini pita pockets (from Trader Joes):
1. In a bowl, mix equal portions of black beans, corn, and kidney beans
2. Add 1/2 of a diced avocado and half of a chopped tomato
3. Add about 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
4. Add a few shakes of pepper and about 1/4 tsp. of cumin
5. Stir all together
6. Cut open a pita pocket and stuff it full
You can really use whatever beans/corn type ingredients you enjoy. I love recipes like this because it's easy to just use whatever I have on hand and it still tastes great! It's also a relatively healthy and light lunch. And as always, beans are cheap (I love anything frugal!). Enjoy!